Published March 31, 2023
checkFeatureRequirementsAPI to check browser compatibility with supported features.
reclaimHostmethod to allow the original host to reclaim host privileges when lost.
- Original host support. Set the
role_typeproperty in the SDK JWT payload to
1and use the
client.isOriginalHost()method to reclaim host privilege.
- Mask background feature, which is supported on more browsers than virtual backgrounds. Use a background image or a clip to mask the background.
- Background image: Similar to the virtual background feature, it covers the background behind the user.
- Clip: The shape to use to mask the background of the video. The shape includes the following: rectangle, square, circle, or SVG.
- To enable this function, use the
maskoption in the
stream.startVideomethod, or preview the video via the
- Audio latency.
stream.startShareScreenmethod with a
displaySurfaceoption to allow users to specify the default surface when starting screen share on Chromium-like browsers.
- Participant interface with
speakerOnlyaudio status will broadcast to all users in the session.
HTMLElementchecking in APIs that require a canvas or video element to return a friendly reason if the parameter is incorrect.
- Issues properly rendering video on Safari 16.4.
userIdentityproperty is not in the
- Incorrectly returned Promise by
stream.switchCameramethod when the camera doesn't work.
mirrorVideoon Firefox with SharedArrayBuffer disabled.